Alexium Appoints New Company Secretary
Perth, Australia and Greer, South Carolina-22 January 2018: Alexium International Group Limited (“Alexium,” “the Company”) (ASX:AJX, OTC QX:AXXIY) today announced that that Maja McGuire has been appointed as new Company Secretary and General Counsel effective 27 February 2018.
Maja has extensive ASX company secretary and legal counsel experience gained over 10 years with a proven track record in corporate governance, capital markets and advocacy.
• After earning dual degrees in Law (LLB) (2007) and Commerce (B.Com) (2004) from the University of Western Australia , Ms. McGuire commenced her legal career with Clayton Utz, where she advised on a range of corporate, commercial and banking & finance matters.
• In 2011, Maja took a position in Toronto as a financial affairs advisor and lobbyist for the Canadian Bankers Association, where she advocated on behalf of Canadian banks on issues pertaining to developments in domestic and international banking regulation related primarily to capital adequacy and funding.
• In 2014, Ms. McGuire returned to Australia as Company Secretary and Legal Counsel for Admedus Limited (ASX:AHZ), an Australian based global healthcare company with operations in Australia, the US, Switzerland and Singapore and with a number of US based board members including the Chair.
Maja will fill an increasingly important role as Company Secretary, providing corporate governance and regulatory support to the Board and the operational group in the United States. “As Alexium’s growth transitions the company into a global specialty chemicals supplier, Maja’s experience in ASX regulatory requirements, financial markets, IP licencing and US and cross border operations will provide a solid foundation for Alexium’s leadership team,” stated Dirk Van Hyning, Ph.D., Alexium CEO and Managing Director.
Kevin Kye, our current company secretary has resigned with effect from 27 February 2018. The company wishes to record its appreciation for the service and dedication provided by Kevin in his time as Company Secretary.
About Alexium International Group Limited
Alexium International Group Limited (ASX: AJX, Nasdaq Designate: AXXIY) holds proprietary patent applications for novel technologies developed to provide flame retardancy for a wide range of materials. These environmentally friendly flame retardants have applications for several industries and can be customized. Further, Alexium has developed products for a range of other applications including phase change materials, water repellents, antimicrobials, and combinations thereof. Alexium also holds patents for a process developed initially by the U.S. Department of Defense, which allows for the surface modification and attachment of nanoparticles or multiple chemical functional groups to surfaces or substrates to provide functions such as fire retardancy, waterproofing, oil proofing, and anti-microbial treatments. Applications under development include but are not limited to textiles, packaging, electronics, and building materials. Alexium’s chemical treatments are currently marketed as Alexiflam® and Alexicool®. For additional information, please visit alexiuminternational.com.
Dirk Van Hyning
Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Vice President, Investor Relations
• Maja McGuire (LLB, B.Com, MAICD) appointed to commence 27 February 2018;
• Experienced Company Secretary and Legal Counsel across Australian and US operational business.